Sound Agriculture is a life science platform company enabling sustainable agriculture. Our products increase harvest yields, reduce dependence on synthetic fertilizers, mitigate impacts from drought, and create crops with desirable nutrition and sensory traits. Our mission is to deliver proven solutions for the challenges that farmers face, and a more sustainable world for everyone.
We are seeking a motivated Data Platform Engineer to design and develop our field data pipeline and warehousing system. Our products positively impact the way that crops interact with the soil and the environment, making the capture and analysis of real world field data a key component of product development and commercial value. The platform will capture data from a variety of sources (yield monitor, aerial imagery, soil health, plant biology, and agronomic management decisions) to provide insights for multiple internal teams and external partners. The ideal candidate will have a background in data pipeline design, maintenance, and optimization and have a passion for sustainable agriculture. The position will be based in Emeryville, California or Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and report to the Director of Field Development.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Creating the infrastructure required for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of sources around Sound’s development and commercial field program
- Building data tools and visualization frameworks for internal and external use
- Communicating strategies on modeling and data architecture to Discovery, Development, and Commercial groups
- Collaborating with team members to design and implement new platform and analytical features to meet company strategy
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with (processing, transforming, and transporting) large data volumes
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Exceptional design and coding skills in Java / Scala and Python
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet the needs of a startup environment
To apply, please send a resume and brief description of interest to: email@example.com
Sound Agriculture Company is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.