At Sound Agriculture, we’re creating crops that produce more food using less water and fertilizer. Our team has pioneered a new approach to agriculture, applying cutting edge science to develop new products for growers. We have an opening for a Field Trial Coordinator to join our Development team. This team has the critical responsibility of supporting the Discovery, Development, and Commercial teams by ensuring that data are available to support product advancement and commercialization decisions. Fundamental to the role will be the interaction with and management of our network of contract research partners. The position reports to our Director of Field Development and will be based in our office in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the development of crop- and objective-specific field trial protocols, including trial design, treatment application methodology, and assessments of product performance
- Support the preparation of regulatory documentation for the purpose of field trials and product registration
- Support the planning, coordination, and execution of small plot and on-farm field trials, including the identification of contract research partners and trial locations; trial planting, maintenance, data collection, and harvest
- Developing and maintaining close working relationship and communication with contract research partners, including the development of service contracts, acquisition of service bids, and paying invoices
- Manage and participate in data collection, quality check, storage, and analysis
- Prepare reports and presentations that summarize the analysis, conclusions, and interpretation of field trial results
- Develop insight into product performance and make recommendations for product improvements based on influence of soil and climate variability across target environments, diversity of crop management practices, knowledge of crop biology, and understanding of farmers’ needs
- Acquire and maintain knowledge database of competitor products, including performance claims and use
- Travel to contract research partner field locations to monitor compliance with protocols, the timeliness of treatment applications, the accuracy and timeliness of data collection, and to establish close working relations with the research partner
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the design and management of small plot and on-farm field trials
- Experience managing third-party contractors, including negotiation of contracts and contract bids, management of disputes and disagreements, timely accessing data and trial information, building a sense of trust and mutual respect
- Expertise with the management, analysis, visualization, and reporting of field trial data
- Working knowledge of the agronomic practices associated with major agronomic and horticultural crops and of the use and application of agricultural chemical products including those used for plant nutrition, organics, biologicals, and crop protection
- Experience with the advancement of commercial product candidates from discovery to commercial registration
- Experience with field trial software, including ARM, Spotfire, SAS
To apply or learn more, please send a resume and brief description of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
Sound Agriculture Company is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.