At Sound Agriculture, we’re creating crops that produce more grain using less water and fertilizer. Our team has pioneered a new approach to agriculture, applying cutting edge science to develop new products for growers. We are seeking a motivated entry level to mid-career soil scientist. The primary responsibility of this role will be the planning and execution of soil analysis and microbial experimental workflow. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced and multidisciplinary Discovery team. The position will be based in Emeryville, California and report to our Soil Platform Coordinator.
Roles and responsibilities
- Take a hands-on role in the planning and execution of soil analysis assays in the Sound discovery platform
- Perform experimental design, setup, execution, and analysis
- Generate technical reports and share progress at internal and external meetings
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures
- Work with biology team and company leadership to develop novel concepts, compounds, and technologies that advance our strategic goals
- BS in soil science or related fields
- Experience with analytical assays, bioassays, and soil chemistry methodology
- Experience with plant biology, microbiology, or molecular biology a plus
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
Sound Agriculture – formerly known as Asilomar Bio – is a venture-backed molecular discovery company developing groundbreaking new tools for farmers to enhance harvest yields and increase resource use efficiency. Founded in 2012, Sound went through a Series B financing in 2017 led by Syngenta Ventures and Cavallo Ventures. Now established at our Emeryville, California lab space, we are expanding our research, development and commercialization teams Our mission is to power a step change in the sustainability of agriculture.
Please send a resume and brief description of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound Agriculture Company is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.