Sound Agriculture is seeking motivated students for our Summer 2019 Field Internship Program. This is a ten-week, paid internship program designed to immerse you in the day-to-day activities of our sales agronomy and commercial team, and provide experience working with growers, retailers, distributors, and key influencers within the agricultural value chain. This program begins with an orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of being a member of Sound Agriculture. You will receive specific training designed to help you succeed in your program. Through this program, interns will develop relationships on behalf of Sound with growers and key retailers trialing our products, and the local agricultural community. The intern should work to understand grower and retailer objectives in order to properly represent both Sound Agriculture and our retail partners. Responsibilities include and are not limited to: regular communication with District Sales manager, collection of photos and testimonials to be used for social media, develop relationships with growers, represent Sound and retail partners as a brand ambassador, and serve as a resource for questions, concerns or feedback about the company and/or products being trialed in the field.
Eligibility: The summer internship program is for candidates currently pursuing a college or university degree and is undertaken following the second or third year of study. The program is open to students across majors and disciplines with an outstanding record of academic achievement and an interest in the agricultural industry.
Locations: Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative with the ability to set and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in person and over the phone
- Strong interest in agricultural business, with basic knowledge of agronomy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism in social media and company communication
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Rising junior or senior pursuing a degree in agronomy, communications, or related studies
- Knowledge of and interest in agriculture industry and farming practices
- Familiarity with social media platforms and/or interest in social media branding
- Prior customer service and/or sales experience
What we offer:
- Competitive stipend fora full-time, ten-week internship
- Exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and new crop input products
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, marital status, or other protected status.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, location preferences, and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must specify your location preference at the time of application.