Sound Agriculture is a life science platform company enabling sustainable agriculture. Our products increase harvest yields, reduce dependence on synthetic fertilizers, mitigate impacts from drought, and create crops with desirable nutrition and sensory traits. Our mission is to deliver proven solutions for the challenges that farmers face, and a more sustainable world for everyone.
We are seeking a motivated Technical Product Manager (TPM) to join our Commercial Team. This role will serve as the product-specific technical expert for field sales teams and will interact with customers and channel partners to communicate product features. The TPM will work closely with the Development team to analyze product trial data and agronomic interactions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with growers to improve productivity, efficiency, and profitability on the farm. The position will be based in North Carolina (other locations would be considered), and report to the executive team.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and provide agronomic and product training to customers, channel partners, and collaborators to support sales and business development activities
- Collaborate with Sound’s Development team to develop trials and data packages to improve agronomic targeting of products
- Understand and report on market trends and competitor products
- Create product messaging content to convey value proposition to target markets and stakeholders
- Provide feedback from customers to the Development team and generate product + market fit insights
- Act as a technical expert ambassador for Sound’s science and products
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 10+ years experience in technical product sales, product development, or marketing
- Background and training in agronomy, plant science, soil science, or related
- Fluency in crop protection products, product types, and uses
- Ability to understand and communicate mode of action data to a non-technical audience
- Experience designing and analyzing product demonstration field trials (preferred)
- Understanding of ag inputs sales channels, sales cycle, and customer interactions
- Experience in cross-functional collaborations, from research to sales
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet the needs of a startup environment
Sound Agriculture Company is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.